Hey everyone! Most of you know that I don't have perfect skin, but then again who does? I not only don't have perfect skin, but my skin really isn't good at all. It's a big greasy oil ball and I tend to break out a lot. I've tried countless skin care systems, and I think I may have finally found one that works for me, but more on that in it's own post when I'm sure it's my miracle. For now I have to depend on makeup to help even out my skin tone and cover up my blemishes. If you watch my videos, you also probably know that I change up my foundation routine way to much for a sane soul. That being said, I can't remember the last time I was this in love with a foundation routine and have stuck with it for so long. Here's what I do/use...
1) Apply one squirt of Lancome Primer all over face using my fingers, then let set for at least sixty seconds.
2) Put a small amount of Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation on the back of my hand, then use a Mac 131 brush to stipple and blend all over my face and neck. (NOTE: Apply a small amount all over, then focus another layer on any problem areas.)
3) Pat a small amount of Laura Mercier Secret Brightener below my eyes.
4) Smear some Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer under my eyes, around the sides of my nose, and on any problem areas using my fingers.
5) Set my under eye concealer with Laura Mercier Eye Brightening Powder.
6) Using a Mac 134 brush, dust on a layer of Nars Powder Foundation.
7) Finish off with any bronzer, blush, and other makeup of your choice!
Now you might be wondering why the multiple under eye products are necessary. For you, they may not be. However, I have dark under eye circles and find that when you conceal them properly, it makes all the difference! The first Laura Mercier product comes in a pen/tube container with a brush applicator and twist up bottom. It's a shimmery color that reflects light away and, in doing that, brightens up your under eyes. (NOTE: If you have lighter skin, get #1. Darker skin requires #2.) The next product is concealer, which speaks for itself. Now you can set this concealer with your normal powder, or you can do what I do, which is use the brightening powder. The brightening powder is a white/translucent powder with tiny little sparkles. When applied on top of your under eye concealer, it brightens up your entire eye. It's also great for photography, since it will react with the flash from the camera and make your eyes look super radiant.
You may have also noticed that I set my foundation, with another foundation. Mind you, it's a powder foundation, but still a foundation. I used to set the Laura Mercier foundation with a translucent powder, but when I was in LA in June for IMATS, I met an amazing makeup artist named Gabe who told me to set it using the Nars Powder Foundation. I thought this would look cake-y and overdone, but I took his word for it and tried it out. I was amazed by how great the coverage was! I have done this everyday since and I can't imagine switching it out for other products in the near future.
So tell me, what's your every day foundation routine? Have you tried any of these products out, and if so, what'd you think?